Can you name 5 reasons to take up golf? We can.
Golf is one of the oldest sports out there, yet a ton of people have a hard time with it because of the steep learning curve, so why should you begin playing golf?
However, you can’t just pick up a set of clubs, head out on the course and shoot ‘Par’ on the day.
But there are some important upsides to the practice of golf.
So, for all of you out there who are looking into doing something different this summer, golf might just be the solution for you.
Here are five reasons why you begin playing golf…
1. The Great Outdoors
- One of the major perks of golfing is enjoying the scenery and the sun beaming down on the luscious grass.
- This winter was rough on everyone and there is no better way to fully take in the gorgeous weather than going out there.
- Even on a bad day on the fairways, you can rejoice in the fact that you are breathing in some fresh air while taking in the best that mother nature has to offer.
- You can opt for the fast cart ride to make your round a short and sweet one.
- But you can also go the healthy way and march the length of the course to admire your surroundings.
2. Perfect for a healthy lifestyle
But there are more than visual benefits to walking the course.
- You also get a great deal of physical activity when you choose to go cartless for your 18 holes.
- The average golfer will walk a total of 6 miles (9.6 kilometers!!) when they decide to leave the cart at the clubhouse.
- But for our cart friends, do not despair, you can also get a good workout from using your explosive hip movement when striking the ball.
- An 18-hole round will take 4-5 hours, but it will also become a great way to get some decent active time for your body and your mind.
3. Fun for the whole family
- When you begin playing golf, one of the greatest perks of golf is that it can be played by everyone.
- Golfers of all ages are welcome to most golf clubs allowing for a superb family activity on weekends.
- Most of all getting started early is the key to becoming successful in golf. Starting early with the family will ensure a prosperous development through the years.
- Best of all, you can find some pre-owned golf clubs in order to set up everyone’s equipment for a reasonable budget.
4. Top equipment
- Talking about golf equipment, one of the greatest perks of golf is to use the newest and keep up to date with the most revolutionary technologies.
- Technologies like adjustment weights twist face and speed-injected face have all revolutionized the sport in the last few years.
- These innovations were created with the idea of helping golfers get into the game and make better contact with the ball.
- It is the perfect time for you to get into the sport and take advantage of the best clubs in the world.
5. Stay safe
One of the most underrated advantages of golf is the conservation of the mind and the body.
Most physical team sports will expose the body to head trauma and possible severe physical injuries.
But golf will almost entirely shelter you from those dangers.
Of course, injuries are not entirely avoidable.
But if you make sure to stretch out properly, as you should always do before going out on the field, you will most likely never experience any pain from the sport.
As for head trauma, simply make sure to look out while you are on the course and open your ears to the “FORE!” calls of other golfers.
Finally, the only real enemy you’ll have on the course will be the sun.
Make sure to apply a good amount of sunscreen before heading out for the weekly round.
Hopefully, this has convinced you to pick up the great sport that is golf.
It is the ultimate sport for the summer as you get to enjoy the beautiful weather.
You can also keep the legs fresh while walking around on the course.
Moreover, it is a great opportunity to bring the whole family together for an afternoon activity.
Finally, you get to benefit from the best engineering in the world while having the peace of mind that you are not slowly grinding your health away.
By Ian Mullins